Join now - be part of our community!

My PRS-300 has crashed?

profile.country.en_GB.title
hesavin20
Visitor

My PRS-300 has crashed?

I have a PRS-300, it is a couple of years old but hardly used. I sat down to read it this morning having fully charged it. I startred my book but only managed to get e pages in when it crashed. Now I can't do anything with it and it won't switch off, though no power light is on. I tried resetting but it doesn't seem to have helped. Any clues?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi hesavin20,

I know that you mention that you fully charged the Reader before using it again, but I think this still sounds like it could be a charge problem (especially if you haven't used it much recently).  What leads me to think this is if you can't turn the unit off ....... even if the battery is completely exhausted then sometimes you can still have something displayed on the screen (because of the properties of e-Ink screens) giving the impression that it won't swtich off.

Do you have a mains charger for your Reader? - if you do, then use that as these are often far more effective and have a bit more 'oomph' when it comes to recharging from a completely discharged state.  I would let it charge for a good 4-5 hours regardless of the charge indicator light.  If you don't have a mains charger and use your computer via USB instead, then still make sure you charge for at least 5 hours, but make sure that your computer doesn't 'go to sleep'/hibernate during this time as this will interrupt the charging process.

At the end of the 5 hours or so, your Reader should certainly be fully charged and hopefully will work, but if you do have to try a reset again then this should be successful when you can be confident that the battery is in better shape.

Hope this works for you.