Join now - be part of our community!

If anyone can help i'd be eternally grateful?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
GMC2289
Visitor

If anyone can help i'd be eternally grateful?

After perusing e-readers for months, i finally decided to take the chance and i purchased a PRS-T1 from my local branch of PC World after a lovely couple put me off the kindle because of book prices. I'm thrilled with the performance of the device and it's amazing technology but i'm having a real problem with downloading ebooks. I am on my second PRS-T1 after the first one had a harddrive issue. I have downloaded a few books from Feedbooks, Project Gutenberg and Manybooks.net and have found the whole thing extremely easy and hassel free- until it comes to using the Sony software to install the books on my ereader.

I select the books i wish to install and i sync them across to the reader and once finished i disconnect the device to view them. When i come to put more books on, the books i have decided to install across to the device wipes all of the previous ebooks off, whether i use the 'protect' option on the reader or not.

Do i have to keep the books i have already installed in my 'library' so they go across to the reader every time i sync or am i doing something wrong. I am really beginning to be concerned with what is occuring and i'm seeking any and all help i can get on this issue. I have e-mailed Sony for assistance but am still awaiting word.

Any words of advice would really be appreciated

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Do i have to keep the books i have already installed in my 'library' so 
 they go across to the reader every time i sync or am i doing something 
 wrong.

Hi GMC2289,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Yes if you have removed some books from Reader for PC & then Sync your Reader those books will be removed from your Reader..

However you do not have to install all the books from your Library on to your Reader, you can select individual items from the categories under Sync Settings then when you click on Sync only those books selected will appear on your Reader..

You can read more info on Syncronizing option by launching Reader for PC & clicking on Help..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Do i have to keep the books i have already installed in my 'library' so 
 they go across to the reader every time i sync or am i doing something 
 wrong.

Hi GMC2289,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Yes if you have removed some books from Reader for PC & then Sync your Reader those books will be removed from your Reader..

However you do not have to install all the books from your Library on to your Reader, you can select individual items from the categories under Sync Settings then when you click on Sync only those books selected will appear on your Reader..

You can read more info on Syncronizing option by launching Reader for PC & clicking on Help..

GMC2289
Visitor

Thalamus,

Thank you so much for your reply, i have been at my wits end with this programme, i find the lack of paperwork and instuctions so frustrating, i did expect more with a Sony product.

I did as you asked and i'm still having difficulty selecting my new books to be synced onto the device without wiping the others off, i'm obviously going wrong somewhere but your advice was much needed and thank you again for your timely reply.

Best wishes to you and your family this Christmas time and all the very best for the new year.

Thanks again

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Have you tried using Calibre to manage your e-books http://tinyurl.com/yz4gtvp

I never touch the Sony software as Calibre offers so much more

carpetmojo

Yup....