Join now - be part of our community!

help!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rafarra
Visitor

help!

lost old laptop, how do I set up library on new one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi rafarra,

This should be pretty straightforward.  First of all I would download the latest version of the Reader Library software on to your new computer.  Here is a link to the download on Sony's support website:

http://support.sony-europe.com/computing/prs/prs.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=PRS-650

The only thing you need to be careful of is making sure you use the same Adobe Digital ID as before when you register the new computer.  (The prompt for you to register your computer for Adobe copy-protected content should happen automatically the first time you try and download a copyrighted eBook from an on-line retailer).

There are two reasons that it's important to use the same ID (usually an e-mail address) and password as before. 

Firstly, I assume that you still have your Reader which I guess you will have authorised previously with the laptop you lost - the Adobe IDs have to match on the computer and your Reader otherwise eBooks that you transfer from the new computer would not open on your Reader. 

Secondly, if you lost your old computer it is possible that you may also have lost some eBooks that were stored on it that you purchased previously?  If that is the case, and you make sure that you do use the same Adobe registration ID again, then if you visit websites where you purchased eBooks and look at your order history, some retailer websites will allow you to re-download your eBooks.  But, these books are linked to the Adobe ID you used when you made the purchase, so the eBooks will only open if you use the same ID on your new computer.

Hope all that makes sense :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drumzman
New

Hi rafarra,

This should be pretty straightforward.  First of all I would download the latest version of the Reader Library software on to your new computer.  Here is a link to the download on Sony's support website:

http://support.sony-europe.com/computing/prs/prs.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=PRS-650

The only thing you need to be careful of is making sure you use the same Adobe Digital ID as before when you register the new computer.  (The prompt for you to register your computer for Adobe copy-protected content should happen automatically the first time you try and download a copyrighted eBook from an on-line retailer).

There are two reasons that it's important to use the same ID (usually an e-mail address) and password as before. 

Firstly, I assume that you still have your Reader which I guess you will have authorised previously with the laptop you lost - the Adobe IDs have to match on the computer and your Reader otherwise eBooks that you transfer from the new computer would not open on your Reader. 

Secondly, if you lost your old computer it is possible that you may also have lost some eBooks that were stored on it that you purchased previously?  If that is the case, and you make sure that you do use the same Adobe registration ID again, then if you visit websites where you purchased eBooks and look at your order history, some retailer websites will allow you to re-download your eBooks.  But, these books are linked to the Adobe ID you used when you made the purchase, so the eBooks will only open if you use the same ID on your new computer.

Hope all that makes sense :slight_smile: