Join now - be part of our community!

ebook download issue

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ukmapleleaf
Visitor

ebook download issue

Good Morning,

I'm hoping someone can help me!  I was recently given an eReader as a gift by my father as I'm on an airplane once a week and I'm always carrying reading books with me.

I am not the most technically literate but always seem to somehow muddle thought.  That said, I've got my eReader installed, Reader Library running, computer authorized to adobe etc.  I set up an online account with Waterstone's and purchased 2 books earlier this week.  I was able to download one book really easily into my Reader Library (I am not running Adobe Digital Editions) but the other download kept failing, citing the error "download failed, internet connection was lost".  This wasn't the case so I rang Waterstone's.  Long story short, they said there must be something wrong with the download link, refunded my purchase and asked me to re-buy the book.  I duly did that and the download still failed, same reason.  So, I set up an account with WH Smith's to see how I got on with them and no problem, downloaded the book I couldn't get from Waterstone's.

So, on to the problem.  After trying to buy a different book title from Waterstone's I was back to the same error, different book.  After discussions with Waterstone's and sleuthing of my own I have now learned that both Waterstone's and WH Smith source their ebooks from 2 different companies - OFS Content Reserve and 7Digital.  My successful downloads are ebooks sourced from Content Reserve and the downloads that are failing are sourced from 7 Digital.  I have marked 7Digital as a trusted site etc. but the downloads just keep failing.  I'm now at wits end as I can't figure out why one source will work and the other won't - has anyone else encountered this problem or have any advice on how to fix?  I'd be grateful for any advice as I feel this issue has gone beyond my technical expertise and I'm now frustrated to say the least.

Thanks in advance!

UK Mapleleaf

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eBookBoy
Visitor

Hi!

Have you tried to check firewall settings on youir PC ? probably something is blocking the download. Also you can try another PC to see if the problem persist, if that's the case then it's a problem with Waterstones.

Also another option will be to install Adobe Digital Editions and download the ACSM from there.

GoodLuck!

eBookBoy

http://digialreader.freeforums.org

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
eBookBoy
Visitor

Hi!

Have you tried to check firewall settings on youir PC ? probably something is blocking the download. Also you can try another PC to see if the problem persist, if that's the case then it's a problem with Waterstones.

Also another option will be to install Adobe Digital Editions and download the ACSM from there.

GoodLuck!

eBookBoy

http://digialreader.freeforums.org

carpetmojo

Or give Calibre a go ?

Must say I've never had any problems from either source - well,  not like this, and it was Smiths, yes, but that was just... Smiths !

[ Hate using them... ]