annuleren
Resultaten voor 
Zoek in plaats daarvan naar 
Bedoelde u: 

Word nu lid en maak deel uit van onze community!

RX100 MK VA underwater monitor went black

profile.country.NL.title
SonyOnderwater
Nieuw

RX100 MK VA underwater monitor went black

I use my RX100 MK VA with Sony underwater housing. While taking pictures the monitor went black several times during a snorkelling trip. 
Anyone here who knows what could cause this?

I operate in Manual modus, have the power save mode on 5 minutes and the camera monitor just goes to black after taking a picture. If I power on and off the camera the screen comes back, but after a short while it will happen again: black monitor. 
On land and out of the housing, it works normal…

Please let me know if there is something I could try to fix this or at least a troubleshooting process?

Willem

5 ANTWOORDEN 5
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

First step is to check screen properties in the menu.
If you're not shure do a factory reset and see if it solves your problem.

profile.country.NL.title
SonyOnderwater
Nieuw

Thanks, will try that.

profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hi,

You may also try to remove the battery pack, wait for about one minute, re-insert the battery pack, then turn on the power and test it.

profile.country.NL.title
SonyOnderwater
Nieuw

Thank you. I will try that one too.

I went underwater for 2 times again and the first time the camera performed well.

The second time the camera went black at the end of our snorkelling trip of around an hour.

So it was not that bad, but the in the last few minutes the screen went black, just when my wife wanted to take a shot at a nice fish…

The camera takes pictures even when the screen is black, you just don’t get any feedback off course.

Based on this experience: could it be an overheating problem? Is it possible the camera shuts off the screen because of a heat build up in the underwater housing? We took approximately 250 pictures in this last snorkelling trip.

Piscie
Community Team

Hi SonyOnderwater, check the camera's software version. The latest one should be 2.0.0. If you've already done the above and it's still happening, I'm afraid it means the camera needs to be looked at by a technician. You can contact Sony for details of the repair process.