Join now - be part of our community!

HX9V Firmware update PLEASE!

SOLVED
profile.country.hu_HU.title
Tacsko_69
Visitor

HX9V Firmware update PLEASE!

Dear SONY,

I've recently bought this amazing camera. I've changed from DSLR, because the size and handling wasn't comfortable for family photos. I think You've done very good job with this product, to put in great features in a single device.

However, I suppose, the hardware deserves a new firmware.

The biggest problem is a noise reduction, what makes the details and colors of pictures smudged. It should be good to set the level of NR by user.

Another important and missing function to save pictures in RAW. I'm sure the hardware can handle this correctly, providing great images.

As I've found on the net, most of users and testers would wish this upgrade, to make the camera more useable.

Please, inform Us about the progress of firmware development, because I hope it worth to wait for a good news.

Thanks for Your help, and answers

Best regards,

49 REPLIES 49
profile.country.fr_CH.title
seba74ch
Visitor

same for me here in Switzerland

better image quality in jpeg or a raw mode !

and on top f it a 3:2 ratio for picture size will make this camera perfect

thanks to sony to listen to their customers worldwide

profile.country.fr_FR.title
beber49
Visitor

Hi,

I completely agree with all customers !

Sony, create a new firmware update, it's a shame to ignore us !

Answer please !

profile.country.es_ES.title
totos1234
Visitor

I completely agree with all these messages.

Sony must create a new firmware update or they loss many future buyers in any type of electronic gadgets and electrodomestics will be impossible to avoid.

Sony, Answer please ! its very urgent!

================================================

Estoy totalmente de acuerdo con todos estos mensajes.

Sony debe crear una nueva actualización de firmware o la pérdida de muchos futuros compradores de cualquier tipo de aparatos electrónicos y Electrodomesticos será imposible de evitar.

Sony, contestar por favor! es muy urgente!

totos1234
Visitor

Sony DSC-HX9V must receive a firmware update...

1) JPEG compression is very hard and results in a very disapointed images. Sony, please, add an option to try no-jpeg compression, low-jpeg compression, medium-jpeg compression and hard-jpeg compression(like now)

2) and please, desactive in the AUTO mode (green option in camera wheel) the Noise Reduction (NR) to take more sharp images (no more painted-like photos, please!)

3) Add an option to save in RAW format, please!

Thanks in advance for considerate my opinion.

Totos.

totos1234
Visitor

Sony DSC-HX9V must receive a firmware update...

1) JPEG compression is very hard and results in a very disapointed images. Sony, please, add an option to try no-jpeg compression, low-jpeg compression, medium-jpeg compression and hard-jpeg compression(like now)

2) and please, desactive in the AUTO mode (green option in camera wheel) the Noise Reduction (NR) to take more sharp images (no more painted-like photos, please!)

3) Add an option to save in RAW format, please!

Thanks in advance for considerate my opinion.

Totos.

profile.country.en_IE.title
Morgles
Visitor

This camera has great potential, its a real shame that the NR is so extreme.

Really wish I hadnt bought this camera and gone with a different brand.

Can you please give us an update as to wether or not Sony will take the advice of their customers and  provide a fix for this issue because as it stands this camera falls at the last post.

Great features & zoom all negated by the crappy NR software

If Sony insists on ignoring their customers, their customers will go away!

profile.country.da_DK.title
macca55
New

I totally agree with you Morgles.

It would be great with a firmvare update, with the possibility of using RAW format. Fuji and other camera manufacturers have made it available on request from customers

The update should also provide an opportunity to turn off quick view of the last taken picture in the display and the viewer, so the camera is faster ready for the next picture. It is a possibility on several other cameras,

Best regards macca55

profile.country.sl_SI.title
jurgor
Visitor

It has been almost a year since the first post on this matter and still no firmware. Sony you can not be serious worldwide company with such terrible customer support. As many wrote in this questions and many other forums, if you do not provide an answer when the firmware will relesed or at least why not, this will be firs and last Sony I will buy! I can also say that I bought Sony just because I expected first class customer support, there are many other brands that have great cameras for better price!

Sony, I hope you care for your future...

profile.country.ru_RU.title
zzzerbino
New

(google translate)

I have this camera for several years and all this time I suffer all the above disadvantages of this camera. I am very sorry that I did not know before the purchase of its problems, otherwise I would not buy it. Long time I have realized that i will no longer purchase Sony cameras, as well as most likely other equipment of this brand. There is nothing worse than not respect for their customers. And after all it Japanese brand. Should be ashamed, samurai.
Did registration only to express the absolute disappointment by Sony.

profile.country.NL.title
ANMARE41
Explorer

Is er voor de HX9V actuele formware?