Join now - be part of our community!

SONY HDR-HC9 - connection to Windows 7 PC problems.

SONY HDR-HC9 - connection to Windows 7 PC problems.

Hi.

I cannot get my camcorder to connect to my Window 7 PC.  It seems that windows 7 does not recognise firewire.  And the camcorder will not transfer the data from the min-dv tapes by any other connection method.  Any suggestions?  Can I transfer from mini-dv tape to memory card via the camcorder (if so how).

And also the manual is confusing about which memory card it uses - it says memory stick duo (with magic gate) and then goes on to say that the product cannot record or play data that uses "magic gate" technology.  Most of the Sony memory cards I have seen are "magic gate".

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi smsquirrel and welcome to the Sony Users Community.

What software are you using to try the download?  Have you updated Picture Motion Browser to the newer Play Memories Home?  This should allow the download via USB.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/HDR-HC9E

Is firewire not recognised when running Windows Movie Maker?

The memory card is for recording still images only and your model uses the standard Memory Stick Duo.  These cards are available with and without Magic Gate support but both will work OK.

:thinking:

Hi - many thanks.

I've upgraded to Play memories with no joy - it is not recognising a connection to the camcorder.  Movie maker is similarly not seeing the device.  I've tried to connect with firewire and via the USB connection.

Kind of wish I'd replaced my ibook, which picked it up no problem 😞

Any other suggestions?