Join now - be part of our community!

Sony ECM-XYST1M

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Metalpaul1000
Visitor

Sony ECM-XYST1M

HI

i have a HDR CX410 and have recently bought a Sony ECM-XYST1M for it. The instructions are unclear and im a bit new to this. Do i need to use the mic out cable to get the mic to work or do i just insert it on to the top of the Handycam?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

the ECM-XYST1M will fit directly on the Multi Interfaces shoe on the camcorder (HDR-CX410). However, when connecting the ECM-XYST1M only with MI shoe, manual Audio record level setting will not be available.

If you want to manually set the audio record level you will need to connect the ECM-XYST1M using the supplied MIC out cable and plug it to the MIC in on the camcorder. Of course the ECM-XYST1M can stay attached on the MI shoe.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

the ECM-XYST1M will fit directly on the Multi Interfaces shoe on the camcorder (HDR-CX410). However, when connecting the ECM-XYST1M only with MI shoe, manual Audio record level setting will not be available.

If you want to manually set the audio record level you will need to connect the ECM-XYST1M using the supplied MIC out cable and plug it to the MIC in on the camcorder. Of course the ECM-XYST1M can stay attached on the MI shoe.

Hello,

I also purchased the this mic mainly to go with my RX100 II which works perfectly.

I alos purchased the CX410 as your website stated this camcorrder is compatible, however I find the sound quality to be very muffled and faint in comparison. Is there a setting I would need to change in order to get the same clear sound during recording as I do with the RX100 II?

please help.

Kind regards