Join now - be part of our community!

Re:Handycam DCR-HC27e

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Dannyxx
Visitor

Re:Handycam DCR-HC27e

I was using my handycam when I received a message telling me to re-insert my cassette cartridge.

I ejected the cartridge and then put it back and tried to close the cartridge carrier.

It would not close.

I thought that if I removed the battery pack and then re-inserted it, things might reinitialise and I could continue using the handycam.

Unfortunately that did not work and now I constantly get a message telling me to Re-attach the power source. I have error code C32-11 flashing top right hand corner.

I now have a handycam with a cartridge drawer that will not close and and an incorrect message telling me that my power source is not connected.

I have tried resetting, recharging and obviously direct mains connection but to no avail.

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what has happened as up to this point I have had faultless service from this device and have become attached to it (as it was a present from my wife)

I was not doing anything unusual when the initial message appeared and I am completely confused as to what has happened. Someone please advise (Perhaps with some advice that does not include returning the Handycam and having to pay out for repair) Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Danny :slight_smile:

Sorry, I've never seen a service manual for a Sony product :thinking:

FWIW I think £90 is about as cheap as it gets for a professional repair... if you're looking to have a go yourself there are a number of how-to videos on YouTube but obviously you would have to diagnose the fault before attempting a repair.

As I hinted at upthread, the DV models' complex mechanical transport often becomes 'derailed' and most of the time it's a small part, such as a shim or plastic sleeve/guide that's come loose. If you're able to dis-assemble the door mechanism and know what to look for, you may be able to re-align it; this is all a repair centre would do.

One other, slightly crazy solution has been reportedly successful for some users with tape transport issues: by turning over the camera and a giving the base a sharp slap with the palm of your hand, you can sometimes achieve a realignment. Remember: you attempt any repair entirely at your own risk.. and I have no idea how risky the slapping thing is so I'm not recommending you do it... just saying I've heard of people 'repairing' a similar problem this way :smileymischief:

Good luck with it

Mick

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Mick2011
New

Hi Danny, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

A C32-xx error usually points to a physical tape transport problem. Often this is due to one of the small plastic parts in/around the capstan and tape head becoming misaligned. The drawer not closing is certainly a symptom of that. It's usually fixable, and not always prohibitively expensive.

Take it to a decent camera shop or local electronics repair place for a quote, or if you prefer, you can arrange a a Sony repair: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair

Hope it works out for you

Mick

warriorfullight
Visitor

Also, if you know something about electronics, you can fix it yourself. I have mine fixed by my brother. It is now working as it is before.

Dannyxx
Visitor

Hi Warrior

Thanks for replying.

I don't suppose you know what your brother did do you?

I will get a fixing quote before I attempt a repair but more detail of his repair would be very helpful.

Danny

Dannyxx
Visitor

Thanks Mick

I did not think it could be anything drastic as it was working as usual 2 seconds before I got the "re-insert cartridge" message. The other message about "Re-attaching the Power source" is confusing. What is your slant on that?

Thanks for your help.

Danny

Mick2011
New

I wouldn't worry too much about that. To address most physical problems the camera is programmed to 'request' a power source check, as power failure would clearly create a broad range of transport issues.

It's certainly possible to DIY-repair these things but you do need to be reasonably techincally-minded, patient... and ideally in posession of a service manual, or very good instructions.

I'd get a quote and weigh up your options from there.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.sv_SE.title
mickegunnarsson
Visitor

Hi! Interesting! I have the exact same problem. Havent been using my camera in a year and now i just opened the cartridge put in a tape and then I just cant close it. Hmmm...so if any have more ideas about this...pliiiis let me know.

Micke

Dannyxx
Visitor

Hi Mick

Do nyou know where I can get a Service manual from?

Dannyxx
Visitor

I will. If I find anything out. Can I ask the same from you?

I got a quote for repair and they wanted £90.

Ridiculous.

Talk about being held to ransom

I will be in touch if I hear anything

Danny

Mick2011
New

Hi Danny :slight_smile:

Sorry, I've never seen a service manual for a Sony product :thinking:

FWIW I think £90 is about as cheap as it gets for a professional repair... if you're looking to have a go yourself there are a number of how-to videos on YouTube but obviously you would have to diagnose the fault before attempting a repair.

As I hinted at upthread, the DV models' complex mechanical transport often becomes 'derailed' and most of the time it's a small part, such as a shim or plastic sleeve/guide that's come loose. If you're able to dis-assemble the door mechanism and know what to look for, you may be able to re-align it; this is all a repair centre would do.

One other, slightly crazy solution has been reportedly successful for some users with tape transport issues: by turning over the camera and a giving the base a sharp slap with the palm of your hand, you can sometimes achieve a realignment. Remember: you attempt any repair entirely at your own risk.. and I have no idea how risky the slapping thing is so I'm not recommending you do it... just saying I've heard of people 'repairing' a similar problem this way :smileymischief:

Good luck with it

Mick