Join now - be part of our community!

QX10

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
tobliss
Explorer

QX10

Thinking about getting one of these to use with iPhone 5 that has too small a memory for my requirments.

Some questions please:

I've been told it records to both the card in the QX10 and the iPhone memory?

1) What happens with the iPhone is full. Will it go on saving to the card?

2) Where does the mic plug in? Is there a socket on the QX10? It it's on the iPhone do you have to sync in post (see question 1 above). Or is there only a built-in mic on the QX?

3) I really like MoviePro. Can I persuade the QX10 to talk to it?

4) Can the QX record 1920 x 1080?

5) Can it be set to 25fps.

Thanks

T

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi tobliss, I don't have a QX but I have connected one to my iPhone and had a play, so let me try to answer your questions.

It is only a copy that is saved to your mobile device, so yes I am pretty sure it would carry on saving to the micro SD card. If not you could easily turn the option to save to your iPhone off in the settings.

2) Where does the mic plug in? Is there a socket on the QX10? It it's on the iPhone do you have to sync in post (see question 1 above). Or is there only a built-in mic on the QX?

The QX has its own mic which is located on the top just in front of the power button.

No, from what I can tell it will only work with Sony's PlayMemories Mobile app.

The latest firmware update states MP4 Movie Recording size changed from 1440 x 1080(30fps) to 1920 x 1080 (30fps)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi tobliss, I don't have a QX but I have connected one to my iPhone and had a play, so let me try to answer your questions.

It is only a copy that is saved to your mobile device, so yes I am pretty sure it would carry on saving to the micro SD card. If not you could easily turn the option to save to your iPhone off in the settings.

The QX has its own mic which is located on the top just in front of the power button.

No, from what I can tell it will only work with Sony's PlayMemories Mobile app.

The latest firmware update states MP4 Movie Recording size changed from 1440 x 1080(30fps) to 1920 x 1080 (30fps)