Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories home does not install

SOLVED
profile.country.pt_PT.title
Marsonic
Visitor

Play memories home does not install

I have a HDR-CX260 VE and the Play Memories Home that is on the camera does not install. Gives an error as if the intallation programs is corrupted.

How can I download a working version in order to install and then update with Expanded features?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marsonic
Visitor

Hi Mick,

When trying to uninstall PMH I noticed that there were two versions installed in my PC.

After uninstalling those two versions I tried to install the upgrade version again and it worked!

For the moment it seems to be ok.

Many thanks for your help,

Marsonic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi Marsonic, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

There have been some issues related to the EULA section of the installation, along with a few other problems which I believe were fixed with a later release of the software.

Check that you have PMH Ver.1.3.03 – if not, you can download it here.

Cheers

Mick

Marsonic
Visitor

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your welcome and help.

The PMH version in my camera is 1.0.02.14151.

I will try your link and let you know.

Cheers,

Marsonic

Marsonic
Visitor

Hi Mick,

No way. I downloaded the installation file from the site (136M) but that it is only the upgrade, that gives the same error as the installer that I have in my camera.

I also copied the PHM from camera to PC because internal camera memory was full with recordings and could not have space to install temporary files.

Somehow the PMH installed but with errors about missing or corrupted files. It runs but I am not able to upgrade it.

Do you think I should contact Sony Support?

Cheers,

Marsonic

Marsonic
Visitor

Hi Mick,

When trying to uninstall PMH I noticed that there were two versions installed in my PC.

After uninstalling those two versions I tried to install the upgrade version again and it worked!

For the moment it seems to be ok.

Many thanks for your help,

Marsonic

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Thanks very much for reporting back with that info Marsonic, it's really useful for future reference :cool:

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
davebridle
Explorer

My playmemories home was working fine yesterday

Today it is not on my computer

i have tried to reinstal it but it won't load

I can't find the original dvd