Join now - be part of our community!

Older model with (perhaps) PCI Issues.

profile.country.GB.title
River0745
New

Older model with (perhaps) PCI Issues.

Hello.

I've been asked to transfer the videos from a Sony HVR-HD100E to a PC for editing.  The camera, being older, requires the use of an 'i.Link/Firewire/IEEE 1394' cable, which I have.  However, as my PC is fairly recent, it didn't come with that port, so I bought a PCI card with the needed port.  It installed ok and seems to be working because when I connect the camera, I hear the USB "Dum-dum" sound.  However, that's where it ends.  None of my software seems to be able to talk to the camera.  I've been trying Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Premiere Elements and even Sony's own 'Play Memories Home'.  All fail to recognise the camera (all display messages such as "connect camera" or "reload camera").  All my Windows updates are installed and drivers up to date.  So can anyone suggest a fix or even an alternative method?  The manual for the camera states that transfer is not possible via USB, so that rules that out.

The photos here are of the various ports on the camera and the PCI card.20210216_153558.jpg20210216_153548.jpg20210218_115259.jpg20210218_115305.jpg20210217_161911.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Maybe this one works: http://www.exsate.com/products/dvcapture/

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert