Join now - be part of our community!

New Sony HDR-CX280E camcorder

imbart
New

New Sony HDR-CX280E camcorder

I'm new here and put my problem in the General Chat section where I am probably less likely to get a technical answer so I'm repeating it here.  I have just bought a Sony HDR-CX280E camcorder which seems great.  It has a choice of three video aspects HD/MPEG4/STD. I am videoing in HD and the camcorder has an HDMI port and cable which connected to a TV set shows good HD videos. I would like to record these onto a disc and the instruction book tells me I can do this onto a normal dvd recorder by linking an AV cable to the Multi terminal port on the camcorder and then connecting to my dvd recorder. The disc will burn as STD and not HD. This AV cable is not supplied so searching Amazon I bought a vktech cable coded VMC-15MR2 which claimed to be suitable for the HDR -CX280E but it didn't work - I got no picture or sound on playback through the recorder.  I then looked for a Sony made AV cable and bought another one through Amazon from Ex Pro. It was marked Sony but I wonder now if it was actually made by Sony because that didn't work either and I know Ex Pro make usually very good substitutes  I can't seem to get a genuine Sony one.  I would be grateful for advice as to whether this is known to work and if so what the  problem could be.

0 REPLIES 0