Join now - be part of our community!

import from old DCR-PC120E

import from old DCR-PC120E

Hi,

I have hundreds of hours of mini DV tapes and stick duo. My laptop with iLINK is beginning to randomly fail so since new laptops do not have let alone support iLINK decided to spend the next few weeks transfering the footage and photos to my HDD.

Having had no issues in the past with play memories home, thought (wrongly) that this would be simple, alas latest rev 6.00 Play memories home does not recognise the Camcorder. Never the less Vegas pro 17 capture does (for those interested) and have no issues.

My problem is neither software recognises / allows / shows import from memory rather than tape. Hve tried connecting the USB and although windows acknowledges shows message driver unknown, on sony download website no mention of drivers for this handycam.

Any suggestions, help appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Georgioua1 and welcome.

I presume you have the power switch set to ‘Memory’ and are pressing the ‘Memory Play’ button?

One alternative is to copy from memory card to a tape - see page 204 of your manual here:-

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/3070/30709885M.pdf

Have you got a MemoryStick slot in your laptop or in a card reader? Don’t know if it will work with the MemoryStick inserted in the computer direct but may be worth a try?