Join now - be part of our community!

Handycam SX31 Saving movies to laptop

Tommo51
New

Handycam SX31 Saving movies to laptop

Hi all.. I'm new to the forum and very new to camcorders too. I have just been given a Handycam SX31 which is in as new condition. At the moment I don't have a memory card for it but I am desparate to know how I can download movies to my laptop. I'm running Windows 7.

Do I need Sony specific software to do the job or is there generic software that will do the job? I have to admit being a total Wuzz when it comes to techie stuff so please be gentle with your replies.

Hoping someone can help, cheers in advance

Tom.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Tommo51,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

You can normally use any video import software, you may already have something pre-installed on your pc..

There would have been a Sony software dvd included with the DSC-SX31 however you could try downloading Play Memories from the following link - PlayMemories Home

Whichever software you decide to use, if you get stuck you should hopefully find someones posted a How to guide somewhere on the net..

Also on the off chance that you do not have a user guide I have also added a link to where you can download a copy - DSC-SX31 user guide