Join now - be part of our community!

FDR-AX100 4K Camcorder Multi interface shoe

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

FDR-AX100 4K Camcorder Multi interface shoe

Hi,

I own a HDR-SR1E 30GB HDD HD camcorder (now old school but one of the first HD camera's available by Sony), this has an Active interface shoe on top of the unit for which I have a  HVLHIRL.CE7 video IR / Light that fits straight on. I am considering the new FDR-AX100 4K Camcorder which has a Multi interface shoe.

Can anyone tell me if my light will fit straight on to this device or has Sony changed the type of shoe fitting as well as the name please ?

If it ain't broke don't fix it
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi again,

I think I have answered my own question ! So if anyone else has a similar issue here is the solution:

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/handycam-camcorders-other-accessories/adp-mac#product_details_lega...

This is an adapter that will make Active interface products fit the new Multi interface shoe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi again,

I think I have answered my own question ! So if anyone else has a similar issue here is the solution:

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/handycam-camcorders-other-accessories/adp-mac#product_details_lega...

This is an adapter that will make Active interface products fit the new Multi interface shoe

Hi Jonnie.

Are you saying that you have the FDRAX100 and that by using the Sony shoe adapter that you are able to fit standard equipment onto it?

I have the FDRAX100 but I'd like occasionaly to be able to use a video light on it in really low light conditions but I can't see a way to fit my existing light onto the multi shoe.

Cheers Martin

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi Martin,

No, I am sorry if I misled you, I don't actually own the AX100. I was considering it and whilst researching I wondered if my existing light would 'snap' onto the shoe as Sony have changed the fitting. I found the adapter which you can see for yourself by following the link. If you are still unsure I would advise that you contact Sony help line to confirm that it will work.

How is the camera, do you own a 4K TV to play back your footage ?

Regards

Hi Jonnie.

I now have both the Sony shoe adapter and the HVLLEIR1.CE7 Sony light but find that I don?t need the adapter to fit the Sony light and that the adapter doesn?t ?adapt? to a standard size shoe fitting anyway so I can?t fit my old video light to it because the shoe size on the FDX AX100 and on the adapter is much smaller than a ?usual? shoe size.

So I now have the VVLLEIR1.CE7 light on the FDX AX100 and a bog standard cheapo light on my new Sony PXW AX160 - no adapters required.

Good luck

Martin Waring

Magician | Videographer | Web designer