Join now - be part of our community!

DCR-PC1000E large Grey Stripes

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
robmana
Visitor

DCR-PC1000E large Grey Stripes

Hi Everyone,

I hope there's someone out there who's expereinced a similar problem!

We regularly playback video for our children to watch and suddenly out of the blue, the cam started to playback very think grey stripes right across the screen.  The error message we receive on the LCD suggests that the 'tab on tape is locked'!  Clearly the tape isn't locked and we have tried across several different tapes all with the same result.

Might anyone know how to cure this problem, or, as I expect, does it have a fault which needs repairing?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Rob

Message was edited by: robmana

Message was edited by: robmana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.ES.title
franktfe
Contributor

Hello,     

Usually, horizontal grey stripes means dirty heads, i recommend you to look for a head cleaning cassette and use it.

I hope to be helpful.

Regards.

Saludos.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hi robmana - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

First of all, have you tried using a head cleaning tape in the camera as there may be dust or blockages in the way of the mechanism.

If this doesn't fix the problem, I would advise you to contact Sony Customer Services in order to go through some other checks and then, if appropriate, they will be able to advise you about repairs. There is a 'sticky' thread set up with these details on the forum and it can be found here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks

Simon

profile.country.ES.title
franktfe
Contributor

Hello,     

Usually, horizontal grey stripes means dirty heads, i recommend you to look for a head cleaning cassette and use it.

I hope to be helpful.

Regards.

Saludos.
robmana
Visitor

Hi Franktfe,

Many thanks for your responseon my forum note!

Best regards

Rob

robmana
Visitor

Thank you Simon, very helpful!

Regards

Rob

davidelse
Explorer

I occasionally have the same experience with horizontal bars on my DCR-HC44E, 46E & 96E camcorders and also just a blue screen when playing back analogue 8mm tapes on my DCR-TRV620E & DCR-TRV460E camcorders.  I have found that the cleaning tape makes no improvement.  What I’ve found does correct the problem is to put another tape in and record for a few seconds.  Then replace the original tape, it and subsequent tapes play OK at least for that day.  I wonder if others have found this works.

David