Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to play Google Play Games using DualShock - Sony Bravia 65S8505C

SOLVED
prayasc
New

Unable to play Google Play Games using DualShock - Sony Bravia 65S8505C

Hello All, I recently bought Sony Bravia 65S8505C and have been trying to play 'Google Play Games', I thought Sony Dual Shock games controller should work but realised it only works 'PS3 Playstation now' games.

Please could you suggest what controller/phone app I need to get for playing Gogole Play Games?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @prayasc

Ive finally had some spare time to test this again.  I can confirm that once I paired the Dualshock 4 controller, I could control the TV user interface and menus via the PS4 controller.  I have also managed to play GooglePlay games with no issues.  I have played "Daytona Rush" and "Asphalt 8".

If you are not able to do this, I would disconnect the controller completely and try reconnecting it again.  Just to confirm, Bluetooth needs to be enabled AND that you pair the controller by going into Settings > DUALSHOCK 4 (which is under the Network & Accessories section)

Hope this helps

Cheers

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You need the PS4 controller - Duelshock 4

http://www.sony.net/Products/tv/made_for_gaming/en-gb/

Cheers

prayasc
New

Hi, thanks for your response. I have PS4 Dualshock but it works only for Playstation Now games. TV doesn't respond to controller when an Android games in on. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting...

I have played Andriod games on the TV before using the PS4 controller.  Will test it again later on and get back to you.

prayasc
New

Thanks @Anonymous will look forward to hear from you next.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @prayasc

Ive finally had some spare time to test this again.  I can confirm that once I paired the Dualshock 4 controller, I could control the TV user interface and menus via the PS4 controller.  I have also managed to play GooglePlay games with no issues.  I have played "Daytona Rush" and "Asphalt 8".

If you are not able to do this, I would disconnect the controller completely and try reconnecting it again.  Just to confirm, Bluetooth needs to be enabled AND that you pair the controller by going into Settings > DUALSHOCK 4 (which is under the Network & Accessories section)

Hope this helps

Cheers

prayasc
New

@Anonymous thanks a lot, it workes now. All I did was unpair and pair it again, reconfigured the controller and it works beautifully.

Thanks again for spending you time helping me.

Wish you good luck!

Cheers

PC

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're Welcome :slight_smile: