Join now - be part of our community!

Synolgy DS Video on Android (and YouView debacle)

profile.country.GB.title
Mamil_66
Explorer

Synolgy DS Video on Android (and YouView debacle)

hi All,

I'm in the market for a new TV - DS Video is a must have as I have all my movies on my Synolody NAS - I had a Samsung and it worked well but I believe Samsung no longer support DS Video - want is people's experience with DS Video on Android?

Main UK channel (BBC, All4)  streaming is also up there as a requirement.  Does last year's model stream catch up OK and just the 2021 models that don't?

The X81J (2021) has a notably better picture than the XH4196 (2020) but I need a TV soon.  The new TV when this farce is sorted may well support iPlayer longer.

Someone posted recently that John Lewis are offering a Fire Stick I have a JL nearby and may well look into that.

many thanks

Adrian

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The ds video app is actually available on the android TV Google store but in any case you may access your Nas with any other player both via dlna and via SMB sharing on Android TV. Being in Italy I can't say anything on UK catch up 

profile.country.GB.title
Mamil_66
Explorer

thanks Rooobb,

Yes I am vaguely aware of that method.  My preference is to use Synology's App as it has many useful functions such as bookmarks, resume where you left off, watchlists, etc.

Hopefully someone from the UK will be answer regarding the YouView on older (last year's :-)) models.

regards,

Adrian