Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XF9005, slow remote response.

KD-55XF9005, slow remote response.

Hello,

I hope someone can help. I’m experiencing extremely slow response times from my tv when using the official remote and also the television controls on the Virgin Media remote and DVD player… telling me the problem lies with the TV and not the remote(s). I have to hold down the buttons on the remote for longer than usual, sometimes a few seconds, for the tv to respond. Yet when I use an iPhone app as a remote, the tv responds immediately. 

I did these things in this order. 

I have tried resetting the TV by holding down the power button - I noticed the TV screen flickered a few times but the usual restart process didn’t happen. I tried this a few times. No difference. 

Put new batteries in the remote. No difference. 

Cleared various caches. No difference. 

Reset the tv to factory settings. This helped very slightly but not enough to be acceptable. 

TV is about 1 year old and has latest software version. I’m assuming the tv must have downloaded the latest version at some point after the factory reset? Because I checked afterwards and it said I was on the latest version.  

thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@msrbelfast 

I am assuming that the iPhone app is talking to the TV via WiFi, not IR. Would that be correct? If so, it would explain why this is working OK.

So it looks like the culprit is the magic eye receiver on the TV. Maybe it has gone faulty, but these can be interfered with by something in your room; bright sunlight, or a bright light, especially an LED one, shining on it.

Or a plasma TV near it, or facing it; these can play havoc with magic eye sensing. Though I imagine that particular cause is less and less likely these days.

You can also try making a little Handmaid’s hood out of paper or cardboard to put round the magic eye sensor on the TV as a test, and act like blinkers. If this gets the remote to work at a more normal speed, then you know the problem is visual interference, so you can track it down and eliminate it.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
LGSAMy

I found the more the home screen gets cluttered with channels and suggestions the slower the TV is to respond . Try customizing the home screen and remove all the rubbish and see if its more responsive after that.

Good luck