Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-43W805C (Android TV)

profile.country.GB.title
sonyyyqwert
New

Sony KDL-43W805C (Android TV)

Hi guys,

Only a small problem, but I would really like to get it resolved. It started a few weeks ago when I updated the TV to the latest software. The "previous channel" button on the remote used to store/remember the last channel, even after turning the tv off. e.g.

If HDMI2 was last channel and I'm on HDMI1, once I press the button it switches back to HDMI2, even if the last time I was on HDMI2 was before turning the tv off. It always stored/remembered the previous channel.

Now it does not remember, and instead says "Feature not available" every time when trying after turning the tv on. It was a nice feature and was used a lot to quickly switch between HDMIs, without having to go through menus, but now it does not remember every time I turn off.

Can anyone help? Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

I guess you're referring to the swap button above the mute button on your remote.

Just checked on my TV and it's working as intended.

Have you done a power reset (press and hold the green power button on your remote for some seconds) after updating your TV?

Hope this helps to fix the issue

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
sonyyqwert
New

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. Yes that is the button I am referring too. I just tried a power reset but it didn't help. The button does work after switching between HDMI channels, but once turned off and then on, when you then press it, it says "This Feature is Not Available" until you then switch channels through the menus again. And before the update it would always remember.

Do you have the exact same model tv, and is there anything else I could try? Thanks :slight_smile:

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

I tested again and the settings are not stored when TV is powered off.

But this applies also to my other TV running Android 6 - so I'm wondering why it was different on your TV when running Android 6.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
sonyyqwert
New

Not sure but it's much better with it stored of course! Is there an easy way for me to get it back to Android 6? Thanks :slight_smile:

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

You can't downgrade to Android 6 - you can try and ask the service if they can do but I doubt.

Cheers

Peter