Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia LCD 55" smart tv 2015 MODEL (MELTING COMPONENTS)

sgorman01
Explorer

Sony Bravia LCD 55" smart tv 2015 MODEL (MELTING COMPONENTS)

Case number 14787964.....KDL-55W755C  SERIAL NO.6800354  2015 model

Hi sent this tv away for repair on 22nd August as yet still sitting without a tv.The customer service is a joke and seem to be getting nowhere.THIS PRODUCT CAUGHT ON FIRE AND MELTED THE COMPONENTS INSIDE THE TV lucky I was home or my house would have burned down....Have phoned sony numerous times to be told to phone the tv service centre done this NUMEROUS TIMES and also phoned last week on the 2nd September to be told tv would be fixed by end of the day if not the next.Phoned back on the 4th to be then told by the tv service centre that the repair has been put on hold by sony and investigation under way at manufactures in JAPAN...     THIS FAULT SEEMS THE EXACT SAME FAULT AS WITH THE SONY BRAVIA 2011 MODELS THAT SONY RECALLED 1.6MILLON OF......PLEASE START TAKING THIS SERIOUS SONY AND SUPPLY ME WITH A NEW TV AS CANT WAIT ANY LONGER WITHOUT A TV AND NORMAL TURNAROUND TIME FOR REPAIR 4-5 I DO NOT WANT A TV THAT IS A FIRE RISK AND WILL PUT MY LIFE OR MY FAMILY AT RISK......    

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @adyjay33

I have also reported this issue in this forum since January 2016. Sony representatives are also personally informed.

https://community.sony.gr/t5/android-tv/android-bravia-kd-55x8508c-problems/m-p/2084846#M4861

I finally think that this cannot be solved with firmware(default) voltage adjustements.

Just try to keep ventilated, away from a wall(at least 5 inches) and avoid wall placement......

Check frequently lower part of LCD frame....

KD-55X8508C Latest firmware v3473

Happy with TV as a device, unhappy with Sony or Google programmers!!!

adyjay33

Mine makes "Clicking" noises too, i will look at it tonight and try and take a temperture in area you mention and also see if thats where the noise is coming from.

Thanks for mentioning this....

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!