Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia LCD 55" smart tv 2015 MODEL (MELTING COMPONENTS)

sgorman01
Explorer

Sony Bravia LCD 55" smart tv 2015 MODEL (MELTING COMPONENTS)

Case number 14787964.....KDL-55W755C  SERIAL NO.6800354  2015 model

Hi sent this tv away for repair on 22nd August as yet still sitting without a tv.The customer service is a joke and seem to be getting nowhere.THIS PRODUCT CAUGHT ON FIRE AND MELTED THE COMPONENTS INSIDE THE TV lucky I was home or my house would have burned down....Have phoned sony numerous times to be told to phone the tv service centre done this NUMEROUS TIMES and also phoned last week on the 2nd September to be told tv would be fixed by end of the day if not the next.Phoned back on the 4th to be then told by the tv service centre that the repair has been put on hold by sony and investigation under way at manufactures in JAPAN...     THIS FAULT SEEMS THE EXACT SAME FAULT AS WITH THE SONY BRAVIA 2011 MODELS THAT SONY RECALLED 1.6MILLON OF......PLEASE START TAKING THIS SERIOUS SONY AND SUPPLY ME WITH A NEW TV AS CANT WAIT ANY LONGER WITHOUT A TV AND NORMAL TURNAROUND TIME FOR REPAIR 4-5 I DO NOT WANT A TV THAT IS A FIRE RISK AND WILL PUT MY LIFE OR MY FAMILY AT RISK......    

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to inform you, one of the forum experts has escalated your post to Sony Support.  They should be intouch with you in the next day or two.

cheers

sgorman01
Explorer

Thank you maybe I will start getting somewhere 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

Concerning of your issue, all of us must check any abnormality in our TV unit and its performance:

• Hear unusual noise(clickings) or TV bending :thinking:
  • Unusual smell or smoking
  • Temperature on lower part of TV frame that a human hand cannot afford(Very warm - Overheat)

Inform your local Sony Support

sgorman01
Explorer

Hi still waiting to hear back about above case !! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I followed this escalation up with Sony today - even though they have not responded to you as of yet (and they will do), they have been working behind the scenes. 

Sony Japan will investigate further these faulty parts to determine a cause.  Let me state though, that there is no general wide-spread issue and hence no recall is required.

Sony will be in contact with you in regards to agreeing the best way to preceed in either a repair or replacement.

Please reply back and let us know when Sony contact you.

Cheers

sgorman01
Explorer

• Hi there please advise Sony that after taking delivery of there factory certified television that this TV has lines running down them and want this picked back up with a replacement ..ABOVE CASE NUMBER !!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Will do.  Your really having rotten luck arnt you!

Cheers

sgorman01
Explorer

Hi there can you ask Sony to contact me regarding this matter have not heard from the TVRS company to pick up tv and leave replacement 

adyjay33

This is shocking...

My TV creaks and clicks  when its on, is this a sign of the issues you have had?

I will check the TV in the areas to see how hot its getting, the last thing anyone wants is a TV going up in flames.

Mine is a 55 inch too but a different model, I expect the components used are the same too...

I am a bit more worried now.

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!