Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 65x89k Reboot Loop

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

Sony 65x89k Reboot Loop

Hi all

Woke up this morning and my 65" 6 week old tv was stuck in a power on boot loop., Tried soft reset, tried unplugging, no joy, i had to manually hard reset the tv then set it up all over again from scratch.

This is so annoying and frustrating, ive never experienced so many issues with any other brand before so thumbs down to Sony who have had plenty of time by now to master the perfect tv.

I would like to know what causes this, i read failed updates cause it, and is there a way to stop it happening again?, ive turned off automatic updates, i havent checked but i thought maybe the tv had tried to update itself when i was in bed.

Anyone any info?, i dont wish to have to set my tv up from scratch every 6 weeks or so.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey @graygerman. You should have automatic updates always switched on, as this is recommended by Sony, to ensure that your TV is running on the latest software. The latest software version released on your TV is PKG 6.6070 , you can find it here as well. 

Your TV was stuck on a reboot loop probably because of a glitch in the software that caused the TV to be stuck on a reboot loop, doing the hard reset restores the TV to factory settings which did indeed resolve the issue.

To control your TV with Amazon Alexa, check this link. On how to set up your TV with the Amazon Alexa app, check this link but if you want to control your TV with Alexa echo device, check this link here. I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

ALSO just discovered Alexa will no longer work my tv, my smart speaker that is,  ive tried about 20 times and she just says it isnt resonding, please check connection and power supply.  Everything was working perfect until this boot loop.  what ive done -

1 - reset tv and set it up all over again from scratch.

2 - tried adding tv through alexa on phone

3 - tried adding tv through the smart speakers app on tv.

I just cannot get it to work at all now, it actually picks my tv up when i do device discovery, thatll be the new install of tv, and the previous setup, tv was named differently then.

ANY ideas pleeeaaaaase, im going off my nut,  how can i clear the whole lot from Alexa and any history of linked devices to get this setup, ive looked in the alexa app and disabled, reenabled the skill, ive disabled and removed tv from the skill which should clear it, but nothing is working, do i now have to reset my Ech dot and set that up again from scratch because of this stupid tv?????,  its driving me mental, must be a way to get this resolved so My echo can once again recognise my tv.

Please help.

profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey @graygerman. You should have automatic updates always switched on, as this is recommended by Sony, to ensure that your TV is running on the latest software. The latest software version released on your TV is PKG 6.6070 , you can find it here as well. 

Your TV was stuck on a reboot loop probably because of a glitch in the software that caused the TV to be stuck on a reboot loop, doing the hard reset restores the TV to factory settings which did indeed resolve the issue.

To control your TV with Amazon Alexa, check this link. On how to set up your TV with the Amazon Alexa app, check this link but if you want to control your TV with Alexa echo device, check this link here. I hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

Hey there

Thanks for the help.  Shame about boot loops that sucks,  do you know is there anyway to create a working android setup, backup it all up, and reinstall it in the event of any further issues?

I guess whatever caused the glitch i will never know, it wasnt an update, that update is quite old now, but i have read updates can cause it so mines disabled purely so im in control of if and when i want to update, im just annoyed because this tv has been a pain since i bought it less than 2 month back.

As for Alexa, finally i have it connected to my tv agai, granted, for whatever reason the Alexa app picks up the new reinstalled tv today and the previous reinstalled before bootloop, both with diff names in case of conflict, but it is working, now i just need to figure how i can remove the previous instance of the tv in devices, simply deleting it isnt enough, Alexa seems to have stored it somewhere, but it is working and i dont want to fiddle.

All of this, because of a stupid bootloop, i just wish i knew what happened between me going to bed and waking up this morning to cause it lol.  Thanks again man.

profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey @graygerman, you're always welcome. We are all here trying to assist each other. As I said it's probably a software glitch. Enjoy your TV.