Join now - be part of our community!

Remote control operates only from short distance - KD-65XF9005 - after 2 years of usage

SOLVED
profile.country.CZ.title
Matl.p
Explorer

Remote control operates only from short distance - KD-65XF9005 - after 2 years of usage

Hello,

after 2 years of usage appeared problems with remote control. We reseted both TV and remote control and also changed battery. While this did not help, we bought new remote controle. It worked few days and problems appeared again. I tried all advices from troubleshooting, there is no barrier in front of TV, … Could this relates to some update of Android TV? Do others recently have this kind of problem? Any experience?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.CZ.title
Matl.p
Explorer

Hello, thank you. I have latest update. It seems it is HW problem of TV. I will bring it to repair. Have a nice day

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Matl.p 

Make sure the magic eye sensor on the TV is clean, and not, say, covered with gorilla snot.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.CZ.title
Matl.p
Explorer

Hello, I have no clue what gorilla snot is, but the sensor on TV is not anyhow covered. Thanks 

Piscie
Community Team

Hello,

Since you have tried two different remote controls and it ended up with the same result, it might be a TV issue. Make sure that you have the latest software update, you can find it here: https://bit.ly/3f4DFP9.

-Piscie

profile.country.CZ.title
Matl.p
Explorer

Hello, thank you. I have latest update. It seems it is HW problem of TV. I will bring it to repair. Have a nice day

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi,

To confirm it is hardware issue, complete the IR test first.