Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with HDD recording KDL-50W809C

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Problems with HDD recording KDL-50W809C

Hi Guys and Girls!

I have two issues with HDD Recording on my KDL-50w809C Android TV.

1. If I start the recording manualy and I set the recording end time as "Default" (until the end of the Program I started recording), the recording won't stop at the defined end. I must top it manualy. If I define a fix recording time, then it will stop as it should.
  2. If I schedule a recording session, it will record it properly, but for the recording title the TV will take the next folowing program title (name of the program after the recorded one).

I have contacted the Sony helpdesk in Hungary and after a couple of mails back and forward they accepted the issues for further investigation. But no response after 2 weeks.

I have tried diferent HDDs, and tried both time settings (broadcast time and network time). I have also done Factory reset.

I use "freeview", whit a digital TV cable provider. And I have the latest firmware PKG3.395.0105EUA

Does anyone have the same Problems?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If Sony have confirmed that these are issues and require further investigation, then your half way there.  Unfortunately Sony teaches us the art of patience - that is, they do not work quickly.  

So i guess your awaiting for them to investigate, fix the solution, test in their labs, and then roll-out a firmware update.  This all takes time to be honest.  

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm not aware of such issues, especially for the second regardless on how you plan it it will inherit the title the EPG send at the time of the actual recording, so you should check what it is when it start recording to claim is a broadcast or TV fault

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Hi

I know that patience is important with Sony.

I am curious if someone else experiencing similar problems, or it's just me
:slight_smile:
profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Hello.

Thanks for info.

I already made some testing. The problem is replicable, it wasn't a one time situation. Everything seemed OK,  except the end result with the false title.  But I will double check.

Interesting is, that my friends with Samsung and LG tvs don't have the problem with recording by the same cable provider.

And by me it doesn't happens if I start the recording manually.