Join now - be part of our community!

Cord-cutting issues with Bravia Android TV

whistlerpro
Explorer

Cord-cutting issues with Bravia Android TV

Hi, I have a KD-49X8005C Sony Bravia TV with Android TV, and I don't use it for broadcast TV, instead preferring to use apps and services through Android. I have a couple of issues which hopefully someone can help with.

1. Is it possible to show the Android TV home screen when I power on the TV? At the moment it shows a random AV input which is of no interest to me. I want to avoid having to press 'home' after power on.

2. Is it possible to get ITV Player and All 4 working without having to digitally tune the tv. (At the moment you must tune the TV to use YouView, which is stopping me from using these catch-up services.)

Any help greatly appreciated with these problems.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Point 1:

Upon putting the TV into Standby, the TV will remember the last used input source.  So, if you go to the home screen before turning the TV off, the TV will go to the home screen when you next turn it on again.

Point 2:

Unfortunately it is not possible.  Just get at least one channel tuned in, then it should work without the aerial.  So if you have or know someone with a portable aerial, try that.  

Cheers

whistlerpro
Explorer

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I think you're right on point 1, the reason the TV had not been showing the home screen was because I was cutting the power to the tv, so if you want the TV to remember to start on the homescreen you need to keep it in standby mode. 

I will try the tuning thing, I suppose I can 'tune' the tv and then remove the aerial connection and see if that lets me into the various apps.