Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XE9305 restart loop wifi problem

profile.country.GB.title
melambo
Explorer

KD-65XE9305 restart loop wifi problem

Unfortunately I think I have found a pretty serious bug which I think I have been able to isolate as something to do with the onboard wifi.

A few weeks ago, I noticed that the Wi-Fi was disconnecting as the alert was popping up in the top right hand corner of the screen. I thought nothing of it. I don’t often use wifi on the actual tv very often and the tv was functioning fine.

this evening I switched on the tv and the Sony logo, followed by the Android logo came up. Then a black screen, then the Sony, then the Android… on and on and on… it was stuck in a start up loop.

I tried unplugging it from power. That didn’t help. It still went round the loop.

A quick google and I found the hard reset option using the buttons on the back of the TV. I followed the instructions, and everything seem to be going quite well. I got to the welcome screen followed the steps and just after putting in my Wi-Fi password in the TV black screened again, restarted and brought me back to the beginning of the welcome screen. Not realising the issue I tried again. Same issue.

On the second attempt I skipped WiFi set up. Got me in and tv was working ok. I thought I would try and set up the WiFi again. Sure enough as soon as I had set up the WiFi tv crashed again and got stuck in the start up loop.

I have tried using 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks and same issue. I even used my iPhone to setup a hotspot just to make sure it wasn’t my home WiFi. Same issue.

At the moment I have hard reset again and not set up WiFi and it’s working fine.

My question is has anyone else seen anything similar?

If this is a bug which is going to affect more people then it’s going to be pretty difficult to get a firmware update out to consumers if WiFi is the issue. It’s going to mean hardwiring a tv or using usb stick.

software version

PKG6.7165.0360EUA

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Don't think it is a software issue on a 4 years old TV , most probably you have a problem with the WiFi card...

profile.country.GB.title
RaniaJoy
New

4 years old tv issue, Strange

Tags (1)