Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43XD8305BAEP - no image , only sound

SOLVED
profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

KD-43XD8305BAEP - no image , only sound

On my KD-43XD8305 at a time , when I watched a football match , the image has become distorted , appeared complementary colors and a grid with horizontal, vertical and tilted colored broken lines . I shutdown the TV from the remote control , but after I restarted it , there was no picture , only normal sound . The TV performed the boot procedure without displaying the animation and Android logo . LCD panel has backlit only and was light gray . I made the shutdown procedure , removed the power cord for several minutes and restarting several times , as it is specified in User Manual , but unsuccessfully . The front LED was lit normally , with no red or orange error codes and blinked only when a command was made on the remote control . It was possble to switch TV channels , adjust audio volume , but screen still remains black without image or informational banner . Two weeks ago , the TV successfully made a firmware update to version 6.2858 . What has happened and how can I solve this problem myself ? Is it a software problem (maybe a cyber attack , because the TV is always connected to the internet) or it is a hardware problem ? I understand that the Smart TV with Android TV OS can be attacked by viruses and malware , which can cause them serious problems . Has anyone ever encountered such a problem ? Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

The force factory reset was done by the Sony Service technician and right now my Android TV working normally . Thank very much !

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

If a full factory reset doesn't correct this then I suspect you are looking at a hardware issue, which isn't good.

⦁ To force a factory reset, please use the following procedure:
1. Unplug the TV's power cable from the electrical socket.
2. Press and hold down both the centre and down buttons located on the TV.
3. Plug the TV's power cable back in the electrical socket (while still holding both the centre and down buttons).
Please note that this force factory reset is to be considered as a last resort, as this will remove all the settings, self-installed applications, channel sorting etc.

profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

The force factory reset was done by the Sony Service technician and right now my Android TV working normally . Thank very much !

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Thats great news. 

profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

Even my problem has been solved by the Sony Service Center technician using Force Factory Reset procedure ( by keep pressing the Power and Minus buttons on TV and reconnect to mains ) , I wonder if anyone has ever encountered this problem and how did it solve it ?  The malfunction was caused however by a cyber attack ? To prevent this , I put WI-FI on Off , to stop the Internet connection for a while . I will wait to see if the problem is repeated  itself and if not , only then I will  reconnect it to the internet . Can be this problem caused by the new firmware update v. 6.2858 / 28.03.2018 ? Thanks !

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Gonzales60

I doubt very much there was any cyber attack on your TV.

We have had no reports from any members about that.

It sounds more like a glitch or as @Mooly01 says a  hardware problem.

Hopefully the reset will sort it out, however I would keep an eye on it

as hardware problems usually don't correct themselves.

What did the technician say had caused it?

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Great to hear it is all OK following the reset. Only time will tell whether its OK long term, but it is off to a promising start. A component level fault wouldn't  normally repond to a reset... in other wordsthe fault is present all the time... while a logic issue would respond. It is a bit like a PC that is locked up and has to have a forced shutdown performed to clear it.

Any malware attack targetting the TV specifically would be widely reported. Hopefully all is well now.

profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

The Sony Service Center technician said he did not know what was causing this problem and that's why I preferred to ask you , the users of this Sony Forum . As I have said , I will keep an eye on him and I hope his problem will not be repeated . I think it was not a hardware problem , because it does not fix itself and I tend to think it was an error or a cyber attack . Thank you very much for your comments !

profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

After the firmware update v. 6.2858 in Home > Featured Apps , the Amazon Video appIMG_0144.JPG became Amazon Prime and after Force Factory Reset came back to Amazon Video app , as can be seen in the attached photo . I checked in Settings > Applications and there it is Amazon Video and not the new Amazon Prime version that had been installed on update v. 6.2858 . Is there a problem ?

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

I would assume the forced reset deletes all previously installed apps and takes it back to out of the box state. So I would assume you have to set up/reinstall the stuff you had previously.