Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot Connect Any Bluetooth Headphones

profile.country.IE.title
spfeno
New

Cannot Connect Any Bluetooth Headphones

Hi All

I cannot connect Bluetooth headphones to my SONY Android TV.  I've tried 3 different types/brands of headphones but the TV will just not pick it up.  The TV model no. is SONY KDL 65W855C and is about 4 or 5 years old.  This is very frustrating.  Can anyone shed any light on this for me please

TIA

S

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Your tv does not have the needed Bluetooth profile (A2DP) and never had it, so you cannot connect any audio device to it. Just input devices (i.e.keyboards, mouse).

You can always use an external device to support wireless audio trasmission (RF or BT transmitter)

profile.country.GB.title
sco0ts
New

do you man by an external device  I have the same problem with my 2020 KD-49XH8196 Sony Bravia 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@spfeno 

For older sets, the poster of a similar question was kind enough to accept this as an answer:-

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/bluetooth-on-kd-65x8509c-when-scanning-does-not-list-devi...

@sco0ts 

You could do the above, but @rooobb has suggested that you can add this via an app, on the most recent TVs. Though I do not know what the app is, or where it can be found.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert