Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia/Android keeps rebooting every 2-3 hours whilst in use

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
RobinPeter
Explorer

Bravia/Android keeps rebooting every 2-3 hours whilst in use

Hello All,

I have searched for this subject with no success?

My 10 month old Bravia Android (KD43XH8096BU) keeps rebooting/restarting every 2 or 3 hours

whilst we are using it? 

Is it a problem since a update? Has anyone else experienced the same?

Sometimes the volume stops working too & I have to unplug it(TV) for a minute to get it back!!

What are the recomendations for curing it? 

Thanx in advance folks.

Tags (1)
51 REPLIES 51
profile.country.GB.title
shahayhu

Did Sony upgrade you or like for like?

Piscie
Community Team

Hello @shahayhu, which TV model have got and which software is currently installed? Also, have you followed the workaround mentioned on this thread?

profile.country.GB.title
shahayhu

Hi 

KD-55AG8 yep I’ve done everything mentioned and also what Sony have suggested. Totally fed up of the so called customer service offered by Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
shahayhu

Software is up to date.

profile.country.GB.title
ExpatScot

Gutted.  Thought it had been fixed but 3 weeks later, it's happening again.

Yes, done it all including a 3rd factory reset.

Call going in to John Lewis tomorrow.

profile.country.GB.title
shahayhu

Gutted for ya mate.

It’s an absolute disgrace. Sony have treated me like an idiot. Really unsure whether to get the XR or move to LG. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi guys, i think that the XR models don't have this issue, i am interested in buying the XR84j and checked it out at Currys, they mentioned to me that there are no known issues for this device.
To be honest comparing the specs i think that Sony's new line up is superior to LG's.

profile.country.GB.title
shahayhu

I’ve managed to get nearly a full refund from Richer Sounds. Sony have been disgraceful by refusing to acknowledge a problem and even blaming my external equipment even though I told them my TV rebooted whilst they were unplugged. I outed Sony on Twitter and boy they responded fast to me. LOL

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey shahayhu, they do respond fast on social media :grin: Thank you for updating the thread.

profile.country.GB.title
shahayhu

Well that’s my absolute piece of crap KD-55AG8 boxed up ready to go back to Richer Sounds. So pleased to see the back of the rebooting waste of my time.