Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Fire TV Cube connection

profile.country.GB.title
OldGrumppy
Explorer

Amazon Fire TV Cube connection

Simple question - please pardon my ignorance - 

when connecting HDMI cable, which port do you use on the Bravia TV ? But hazy but is it the ARC socket (3) or should it be one of the others ?

Thank you

Tags (3)
13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
OldGrumppy
Explorer

Sorry for the gap in communication - not had chance to finish connecting the Cube, yet

Hope to conclude in the next couple of days, some time/ circumstances allow

profile.country.GB.title
OldGrumppy
Explorer

Hi, sorry for the long delay ….. I wish I could give news of a +ve outcome but have now discovered that my Freesat box ain’t compatible with the Fire TV Cube. ! ( several curses, most starting with ‘B’ !)

Many thanks for your interest.

OldGrumppy

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@OldGrumppy 

What sort of compatibility were you looking for?

The Firecube plugs into an HDMI port on the TV and does its thing, and the Freesat box plugs into another HDMI port on the TV and does its, different, thing.

But they shouldn’t fight.

And no matter what other kit I have had, the Firecube’s much-vaunted ability to control it has been patchy to non-existent, or downright bloody annoying.

But treat it merely as an overgrown FireStick, and it should be just fine,

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
OldGrumppy
Explorer

Hi, royabrown2

i have a Freesat box, a Humax terrestrial box and an Apple TV+ box (acquired under a special deal elsewhere ) The advertising had me believe I could use ‘voice control’ for the total system. However, on reading the instructions I immediately found that HDMI Hubs were not compatible.
At the final stage of connection, I struggled with the Freesat box. Using their helpline, I eventually found that their box wasn’t compatible either.

The satellite box is the backbone of my system, so total ‘voice control’ isn’t possible ….. yet.

Thanks for your interest.