Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Settings Always greyed out A8H - can't use as a monitor or 'zoom'

profile.country.GB.title
Happyrobot

Screen Settings Always greyed out A8H - can't use as a monitor or 'zoom'

No matter what input I try, which device etc, the screen settings options are all greyed out. 

I have hooked up my laptop to the TV so I can use it for some video editing checks on a gorgeous OLED and it's horrible. The lag on the mouse cursor makes it unusable. I know for previous Sony TVs I have owned, you had to change the input to 'Graphics' and then change the Screen mode to 'Full'. This fixed the issue. 

However on my new Sony OLED, you cannot change the screen settings at all. They are always greyed out. No matter what picture mode you have on. 

On top of all this, Sony actually advises that you zoom in on content with black bars to prevent burn in etc. How do you do this when it is literally impossible to change the screen settings?

4 REPLIES 4
Piscie
Community Team

Hi,

Have you tried to disconnect both devices it from the power mains for a few mins? Could be a power glitch and depowering it sometimes is enough to sort it out. If so, if the TV doesn't support the resolution set on the laptop, the screen image may be distorted. Having said that, make sure that the laptop is set to output a video signal to an external display. Also, I would recommend trying to adjust the screen settings with no external devices connected to the TV and check if it is still grayed out or not

profile.country.GB.title
Happyrobot

I don't think it's a glitch, as it seems to affect all users. I am sure if you were to do the same, you would be unable to get 60hz to work properly on the TV when plugged in with a PC and 4k. 

The laptop is displaying 4k correctly, but the mouse lag is terrible. Have tried on three different laptops, different HDMI etc. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

So you are saying that you cannot set any image profile when selecting an HDMI input? Which setting are you stuck on? May you post a picture?

If this is the case you are experiencing badly the PC operation but you cannot also set the right profile for a Bluray player i.e.....

profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

Hi Happyrobot, what about setting HDMI signal format to "Enhanced", did you try this one?