Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
adyjay33

Which keyboard and mouse do you use, is it wireless or Bluetooth?

If you cant put a link on here to it, as Sony delete links to products that are not theirs which seems a typical Sony attitude to its customers, can you PM me with it?

My model TV is below.

Thanks

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
ci7y2015

@adyjay33

sent if you was asking me that is

SDCEGavster

@ci7y2015 wrote:

@and3ys

as he said :slight_smile:

or use sideload launcher to launch it,  or Drive instead of es explorer

No point side-loading Skype if it doesn't support USB camera.

Hi fellow android Bravia fans, trying again with the built in sat receiver , Why do i get "No event information" on the channel list next to what should be live unencrypted feed ( the UHD demo feed in particular ) ??

Ignore that last post ,it`s the EPG ,so awful that it tells you there is nothing there , but if you manully enter the channel number it works ....... No suprise , just an awful, awful GUI

`Mon the March 31st update.....................

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@ci7y2015 wrote:

@royabrown

sorry for late reply... was in London all weekend

interesting read  i read there isnt a dual tuner so cant have youview with satellite?  one deletes the other? that is odd

what have youview said on this issue? nothing i bet!

That's OK - no time pressure here :slight_smile:

Been a bit busy myself this weekend, flying to Spain...

As far as I can tell, these sets actually have four tuners, two terrestrial and two satellite, but at the moment can only use one of each at most, so you can have Freeview alongside Satellite at most.

And YouView prevents the use of Satellite, and even deletes its stored tunings, when enabled.

My working explanation is that it is a 'this town ain't big enough for the both of us' thing (where for 'town' read 'memory space') but I could very well be wrong.

YouView have said nothing on the issue; accordingly, we don't know if YouView had a bigger footprint than anticipated, so something had to go, and Sony chose satellite, or what.

So we don't know if YouView are shamefaced, regretful, sad, resigned, indifferent, or what. Though not triumphal, I think; there would be no need for that.

But this is a very good question, and I have posed it.

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/enabling-youview-on-a-sony-android-tv-not-only-prevents...

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Shalendran

@SDCEGavster

Hi

I have not experienced this with my TV. I have experienced it with my Asus Memompad running Android. It goes on its own to various websites as if some one else is controlling it. I just switch it off and then on. May be it is the Android!! sometimes it really spooks me.

elraouk

My LG G4 sometimes goes off on one, as if someone's pressing buttons.  It makes calls, sends blank messages... Good old android. 
marcuz_89
Explorer

Hi, I'm developing an app in AndroidTV for SonyTV Bravia. This app is a porting from a webApp, so I use a WebView.

I have an issue, I have to differentiate and map the color keys (yellow, red, green, blue) on the remote control in JavaScript inside the webapp, but the keycodes returned by the KeyboardEvent in javascript are all equals to the code "0".

I can differentiate these buttons only in java Native Android code, what is the best way to mapping the codes in the webApp?

profile.country.GB.title
angelacr

marcuz_89 wrote:

Hi, I'm developing an app in AndroidTV for SonyTV Bravia...[SNIP]

I can differentiate these buttons only in java Native Android code, what is the best way to mapping the codes in the webApp?

Having read the 452 previous pages of this thread I can only suggest you try over at http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-player . They have a single thread specifically for Sony Android TV but the Nexus Player developers may be more knowledgeable than we bozos here.