Join now - be part of our community!

2 or 3 pixel horizontal lines on brand new Sony 65" KD-65XE8596

profile.country.GB.title
mikesan7
New

2 or 3 pixel horizontal lines on brand new Sony 65" KD-65XE8596

Just had a new Sony 65" installed before Christmas 2017 (12th Dec 2017) and suddenly there are two or three pixel horizontal lines acroos the width of the screen, they seem to change colour at times , red, white blue ot black...but not in sync with rest of picture.

Tried different sources of picture and same pixel lines persist. Hard powered off TV for 20 minutes and then over night, problem persists after cold boot .

Sources tried - all see same pixel lines

(a) Sky Q

(b) Blu-ray player

(c) Apple TV

Running the latest firmware on TV (Android) and the lines even appear in TV Home screen

pixel-line-1.JPGpixel-line-2.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
sihayco33
Explorer

You are not alone with this. I bought a 55" A1 (purchased within the 1st week of realease to the UK) which developed a single horizontal line finishing about 5 and 10 cm from each side. Approx 1/3 up the screen from the bottom. It was light in dark areas, and dark in bright areas. As the set was under warrantee, I had it changed over without quibble.

I dont know what triggered the line in the 1st place, and it went away by itself a day before the new set arrived (after a month). Hard and Soft resets failed to fix it.

Best wishes

Simon

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

looks like a faulty panel. Take that back.