Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Tablet and NEX

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
wualax
Visitor

Sony Tablet and NEX

Does sony tablet is compatible with M2ts files (NEX video format) or can i download PMB on the Sony tablet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello wualax :slight_smile:

I have not been able to try this format with my own Tablet S - however as far as I am aware, this file format will not be recognised by the standard video player on the tablet (there may however be third party apps available in the Android Market that can play .m2ts files).

You may find it easier to convert these files from your NEX into another format on a PC such as .avi and there are some good free software packages that can do this, such as Aura Video Convertor which is available here:

http://download.cnet.com/Aura-Video-Converter-Free/3000-2194_4-10966790.html

As with any free piece of software, I would encourage you to have a look around Google first to see if there are others available.

PMB itself cannot be downloaded onto the tablet but there is a useful SD card reader built in which should make the process straightforward.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello wualax :slight_smile:

I have not been able to try this format with my own Tablet S - however as far as I am aware, this file format will not be recognised by the standard video player on the tablet (there may however be third party apps available in the Android Market that can play .m2ts files).

You may find it easier to convert these files from your NEX into another format on a PC such as .avi and there are some good free software packages that can do this, such as Aura Video Convertor which is available here:

http://download.cnet.com/Aura-Video-Converter-Free/3000-2194_4-10966790.html

As with any free piece of software, I would encourage you to have a look around Google first to see if there are others available.

PMB itself cannot be downloaded onto the tablet but there is a useful SD card reader built in which should make the process straightforward.

Thanks,

Simon