Join now - be part of our community!

Sony NEX-5ND availability (16mm+18-55mm kit)

profile.country.fi_FI.title
siegali
Visitor

Sony NEX-5ND availability (16mm+18-55mm kit)

I'm eager to buy Sony NEX-5ND kit, but it's unavailable from local stores in Finland and Sweden.

Shopkeepers keep on saying the 16mm+18-55mm kit might be availably not until summer 2012. Why does it take so long, does Sony have some serious problems delivering the kit? And is this the same situation all over the world?

This is the most affordable 5N kit and I'd really like to have it. Thanks for help!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi siegali and welcome.

The NEX-5ND Kit is also unavailable here in the UK.  It looks like a temporary shortage in all countries.

I would keep watching the  Finland website here to see when they become available: -

http://www.sony.fi/hub/nex-kompaktikamerat/mallisto/nex-5n

And on the Swedish website here: -

http://www.sony.se/hub/kompaktkameror-nex/utbud/nex-5n?cpint=15044702

:thinking:

profile.country.fi_FI.title
siegali
Visitor

Thanks for answer!

I found the NEX-5ND kit from German camera store which sells products through eBay, and ordered it from there. It was only 10 € more expensive due to shipping costs, so it's a good deal. And warranty matters shoud cause no problems.

The parcel is already on it's way via DHL, so I'll have it in few days.

profile.country.en_IE.title
BDWarr
Visitor

What store did you order from?

I'm finding online stores are running out of NEX 5N's of all bundle combinations.  My theory is that when the Thai factory was disabled by the flood, all of Sony's remaining camera manufacturing capacity has been diverted to producing the NEX 7, so NEX 5N packages will not be produced until after the NEX 7 launches.  If you can find 5Ns still in dealer inventory, you are quite lucky at this point.

profile.country.cs_CZ.title
zoom.co
Visitor

I've got information from Czech premium Sony reseller, that NEX-5ND would be available within 3 months :slight_frown: