Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Alpha A77v mirror clean

profile.country.GB.title
ladylarch
Explorer

Sony Alpha A77v mirror clean

I get a mark on some photos in the same place and only on bright blue images in the same spot.

It does appear to be on same sort of exposure settings etc. It does not appear on any other shots.

It does say in the manual to clean the mirror but I do not seem to be able to clear it.

Is there any way of finding exactly where it is on the mirror.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi ladyarch :slight_smile:

It's most probably dust, which causes darker spots to appear on those parts of your images which have large areas of detail-less mid-tones. For most people that means shots with lots of blue sky in them.

The answer is to get the mirror and/or the sensor cleaned. It's not an expensive procedure, so I always advise people to ask at a local camera store if they offer the service. More tech-savvy users are happy to do this themselves, but for me, the risk of permanently damaging these extremely delicate surfaces is too high.

Here's a useful article that explains things in more detail: http://www.digitalslrguru.com/sensor-dust/

Dust gets in whenever you remove the lens and the vast majority of it can be removed with a blower brush. It can also be avoided by being very careful when you do remove your lens that you're not in a windy, dusty place at the time :dizzy:

Hope you manage to get it sorted out.

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
ladylarch
Explorer

Helpful and as I thought so will keep trying to clean