Join now - be part of our community!

QUESTION MARK ICON ON DPF-D85

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
robsher0
Visitor

QUESTION MARK ICON ON DPF-D85

Hi,

I have recently downloaded some photos from facebook and subsequently uploaded to my DPF-D85. However the photo frame displays a question mark icon for all these images. Originally, the filenames were very long so I changed them to short alphanumeric filenames. Howevert the pictures still don't display.

I have read somewhere that the DPF-D85 does not display pictures created on a PC so I'm thinking perhaps this falls into that category. Why there is such a restriction I'm not sure(???), but does anyone know a way to get around this and to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Rob, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

There's no restriction with PC-generated filenames as such, only that they dont exceed the accepted length and character set and aren't buried deep in a file subdirectory.

Make sure the images are in a top-level folder. Also make sure you have jpegs or tiffs, and that your filename is less than 10 characters long; ideally eight, in the form of IMAG1234.jpg

Let me know how you get on :wink:

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

Hi Rob, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

There's no restriction with PC-generated filenames as such, only that they dont exceed the accepted length and character set and aren't buried deep in a file subdirectory.

Make sure the images are in a top-level folder. Also make sure you have jpegs or tiffs, and that your filename is less than 10 characters long; ideally eight, in the form of IMAG1234.jpg

Let me know how you get on :wink:

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

found this info in the troubleshooting section, see attached: