Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with Sony A100

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Diesel40
Visitor

Problems with Sony A100

Hello everyone.

I have just purchased an A100 from a local moneytraders. I also purchased a brand new compact flash card from my local asda, 4gb scan disk extreme II. The camera works fine, everything seems to work ok, both lenses work fine. One is a sony, the other a sigma. The problem comes when i put the card in. I have no error message, i pressed format card ready to go. I then press the button to take a picture, its takes about 2 seconds and no picture on when i press the view button (Says no image). I did it again watching the screen, and the number in the left which says 900, (I assume thats the amount of pictures it can hold) flashes red, and doesnt change. I have formatted on pc, then reformated on camera and i get the same. I have played with the settings and get no where. I'm no expert, but my other camera is similar and i can work it fine.

Is this a camera issue (Broken) or should i take the card back and get a new one??

Thanks for your replies in advanced :slight_smile:

Mike

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

In that case, I would recommend that you take it back to the original shop where you bought it to exchange. If there is some kind of internal fault, it was probably better to notice it at this early stage.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gugabackhand
Visitor

I don't think this is a bad one. Can you try to reformat the card using a PC? Try to format it in FAT32. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

Diesel40
Visitor

I have tried this, but no joy. Just bought a new card to see if there is a difference, will try reformatin on pc later. Think camera is faulty:(

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Diesel40 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Other than formatting the memory card, have you tried resetting the camera itself to its factory default state as this could fix any of a range of problems? The reset function can be found on page 102 of the manual (it is within the third window of the setup menu) and an electronic version of the guide is available here:

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DSLRA100.pdf

Hope this helps,

Simon

Diesel40
Visitor

Thanks for the replies.reseting has not worked. Its as if i press the shutter and it switches off. If i change settings, press it, all the settings go back to normal.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

In that case, I would recommend that you take it back to the original shop where you bought it to exchange. If there is some kind of internal fault, it was probably better to notice it at this early stage.

Thanks,

Simon