Join now - be part of our community!

Japanese characters in "Comments" field

profile.country.de_CH.title
paurban29
Visitor

Japanese characters in "Comments" field

I have put lots of own remarks to my photos in the “Comments” field in a normal Windows Folder (when a picture file is open it is in the lower edge and gives information like camera make, date, author, comments, …).

However, when I start the PMB (Picture Media Browser) by SONY the field “Enter Comments” shows nothing. I could rewrite all my comments anew – lots of work but possible.

The trouble with this solution is that when seen again inside the normal “Windows Folder” it shows lots and lots of Chinese and Japanese characters that I do not understand.

The further, even much bigger trouble is that if by any chance whatsoever someone makes a change to these Japanese characters within the "Comments" field of the Windows Folder then the whole comment within the "Comments" field of the PMB disappears altogether. Thus effectively loosing the whole comment – the one gone forever, the other in hieroglyphics that no one understands.

Has anyone a better solution that de-installing the PMB (forgetting all about SONY) and using the Windows Folders?

example in PMB.jpg

example viewing properties.jpg

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

i can reproduce this issue, apparently some kind of bug in PMB.