Join now - be part of our community!

Is there a remote software for the NEX5, so that I could see the picture on the laptop and on the camera?

profile.country.fr_CH.title
lugirar12
New

Is there a remote software for the NEX5, so that I could see the picture on the laptop and on the camera?

Is there a remote software for the NEX5, so that I could see the picture on the laptop AND on the camera?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

From trying out a few methods with my NEX-5, I am afradi that it will not be possible. When the USB cable is connected and NEX powered on, it disables all camera actions from being used and be accessable for data transfer only.

The closest thing I can think of is a small HDMI monitor which you could connect but control would need to be done direct from the camera. So far, no control can be done via a computer.

Could you provide some information on what you are trying to do? I maybe able to provide an insight into an alternative.

profile.country.fr_CH.title
lugirar12
New

I thank you very much for your answer.

As I am also fan of doing ikebana (Japanese flower arrangement) I am trying to take pictures of the arrangements, which is not quite easy. The disposition of the lines of branches and flowers, the light and orientation must be adequate even for small details. So it would be easier for me to controle the picture on the screen of the laptop than on the NEX5 camera.

One of my friends do the same work with a CANON EOS 500D. She added a software to the laptop (a MacBook Pro like me) and is able to control and change the settings via the computer. I was looking for the same possibility with my Sony MEX5 (which I am very proud of!)

Do you think it is possible to some solution?