Join now - be part of our community!

Best Memory Card for a55

profile.country.GB.title
andymcc01
Explorer

Best Memory Card for a55

I am using a SanDisk Extreme HD Video 20mb/s in my A 55 which needs to buffer after taking a burst of 10 fps shots say 20 frames, it also buffers on video record after stopping record. Having looked on line for a faster card I have come away totally confused, a 30 mb/s gives a save speed of 15. Some say I need a class 10 others say a class 4 or 6 and just to confuse the issue more I have read that it`s the camera not the card that slows the write speed. It seems that I could pay as little as £10 for an 8g or £50. HELP please

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

That memory card should be fine enough for this model.

The biggest problem is that the read/write speed of your memory card is not enough. Every device which records to memory has its own buffer which data is passed through. So what could be happening is that buffer is full whilst trying to write to the card.

Looking at the support website, the slowest cards it says are compatible so I can also acertain are going to be supported would be class 4 so in theory I would see minimal benefit in using a higher class device card. The best bit of advise before forking out for this is going to a shop that has a class 10 and trying it out for yourself since 10fps to go past 30 frames shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

I have had this issue since shooting Canon bodies and also a few Sony and it is one of those limitations.

Hope that gives you some insight.    

profile.country.GB.title
andymcc01
Explorer

many thanks:smileyhappy: