Join now - be part of our community!

HXR NX5E

profile.country.GB.title
Mrs_Ch7
New

HXR NX5E

Hi, have accidently got the time and date on my video clips.  I have now turned off that funtion, but is there any way I can remove date and time from the bottom of the clips once I have transferred to imovie.  Obviously, I don't want to see this at the bottom of my project. Thanks if you answer ......... 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Mrs_CH7 :slight_smile:

Once the video has been imported to the camera, if the date and time information is still visible in iMovie then this means that the information has been captured with the video and it usually cannot be removed. There are two possible ways of minimising the appearance however:

1) Using iMovie or another suitable software package, you could crop the video so that the part containing the date and time stamp isn't visible on screen (you may have to remove the same amount of video from the top of the screen so that the appearance of the video isn't altered too much).

2) Using the editing software, you could try using 'clone' or 'blur' tools to try and make the text as unobtrusive as possible. Depending on the software you use however, this may not look 'clean'.

Having said all of this, you may be able to remove the unwanted text whilst the movie is on the camera and then just import it again.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
Mrs_Ch7
New

Hi, thanks for replying.  I did try cropping which has worked on some of the clips, but not all.

Don;'t think  I can clone or blur on imovie, will check.

Thanks again.