Join now - be part of our community!

Help! SLT A33 Can't set the camera to aperture or shutter priority mode.

SOLVED
profile.country.no_NO.title
wazzupfolks
Visitor

Help! SLT A33 Can't set the camera to aperture or shutter priority mode.

When I turn the wheel its not possible to set the camera for A or S. These options are simply not accessible. M and P is normal. Also any other program choices are all normal. When the wheel is set to A the camera syill in P. And when I set it to S it jumps to M.

What to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

It may be something you've selected in the settings somewhere, although I confess I've never heard of that issue shooting stills.

Try resetting the menus: press the Menu button, select Tool Menu 2, select [Reset Default] and press [Enter].

If that doesn't work, try a hard reset: remove the battery, press and hold the shutter button for 1 minute, then release, replace the battery and power up.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi wazzupfolks, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I'm guessing this is in Movie mode. I don't have a camera here to try, but the a33 does limit manual exposure modes when shooting movies.

You may have to set manual focus to access A and S functions. I'm pretty sure Aperture-priority Movie mode is possible if you set manual focus, although it may lock the aperture wide open to prevent the noise of the aperture blades recording on your soundtrack.

Hope this helps,

Mick

profile.country.no_NO.title
wazzupfolks
Visitor

No this problem is connected to photo. Upgraded the firmware, didn't help :slight_frown:

Mick2011
New

It may be something you've selected in the settings somewhere, although I confess I've never heard of that issue shooting stills.

Try resetting the menus: press the Menu button, select Tool Menu 2, select [Reset Default] and press [Enter].

If that doesn't work, try a hard reset: remove the battery, press and hold the shutter button for 1 minute, then release, replace the battery and power up.

Cheers

Mick