Join now - be part of our community!

BigNorman.com

profile.country.en_GB.title
Raylogic
Visitor

BigNorman.com

Hi

Has anybody bought a Sony camera from this company and then had problems with warranty from Sony Uk. Do you know if they are a authorised reseller?

They have great prices wp and quote a 3yr warranty which is why I'm wondering if it's all too good to be true!

Thank you.

R.

6 REPLIES 6
ayrborn
Visitor

They sell on amazon.co.uk.

Here is a link to thier fedback page.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aag/details/ref=aag_m_fb?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=&marketplaceID=A1F83G8...

hope this helps.

jenn24
Visitor

Hi Raylogic,

I purchased a Sony A65 from bignorman.com and what I received was a box that looked like it had been opened without any official warranty documents inside. The 3 year warranty which they refer to is a "shop warranty", not sure what that means but I did a bit of searching and it seems this company is fairly new. Not sure how I feel about that. I believe they are selling imports of their products rather than official UK versions as mine came with a US plug with a travel adapter.

Is it too good to be true? I thought so at first but defintiely regretting it now. Just buy directly from Sony and save yourself the trouble.

Cheers

gugabackhand
Visitor

They are a legit reseller. This should be reported to Sony since there are a lot of complaints from them.

Good luck. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

jenn24
Visitor

I agree, bignorman.com should be reported to Sony for not only selling import products but opening the box and putting in their own travel adapter inside! I've taken a look through some of those Amazon feedbacks and it seems I'm not the only one that has had their box opened and missing official documentation.

bychuck
Visitor

Glad I came across this thread. Almost bought myself a sony camera from bignorman. Thank for the information jenn24, I would not want to be stuck with some import stock.

jenn24
Visitor

Despite my less than ideal situation, I'm happy it was able to help someone.