Join now - be part of our community!

A380 Memory Card will no longer lock in place

profile.country.en_GB.title
chrubble
Visitor

A380 Memory Card will no longer lock in place

A380 Memory Card will no longer lock in place when inserted. I have tested 2 different MicroSD cards and neither will lock in, so the problem is with the camera not the cards. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Mick2011
New

Hi chrubble, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I presume you're using an adaptor for Micro SD; have you tried an alternative? Or does the problem lie elsewhere?

Cheers

Mick

chrubble
Visitor

Hi - Thanks for the response and apologies - It's the standard SD card that I'm having an issue with, not MicroSD. I've tried a 4gB and 2gB SDHC card since the camera stopped locking the card in place and neither works. So there is no need for an adapter.

Mick2011
New

It could be the latch that retains the card in the camera is broken, or the spring has disengaged.

It shouldn't be a very expensive repair; you could do worse than try a local electronics repair shop, any decent camera store should also be able to help. Failing that, follow the instrructions on this thread to register your repair through Sony: http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Cheers

Mick

chrubble
Visitor

Thanks for the advice Mick.