Join now - be part of our community!

vpcsa limited ethernet connectivity

profile.country.en_GB.title
Montague-Withnail
Visitor

vpcsa limited ethernet connectivity

Hope you guys can help. Upgraded my vaio to windows 8. have just tried to connect to a router with an ethernet cable and just get the "limited connectivity" symbol. No Internet and unable to access devices on the local area network. I have tried using a different computer and no problems.

The odd thing is everything works fine when I'm connected via wireless. Any idea how to solve? I assume there's an issue with my ethernet card.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Montague-Withnail,

Was this a clean install of Windows 8 or did you use a Sony upgrade?

Check that the Local Area Connection is enabled > Control Panel Network Connections. Also check in Device Manager that the Ethernet Controller, under Network Adaptors, is present and reported as working correctly.

If there is a driver problem you will need to check whether there is a Win 8 driver available for the Ethernet controller and if not I suggest you try the original Win 7 driver. You have not given your full model number so cannot provide a direct link but here is a link for one of the VPCSA models.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCSA2C5E/downloads/REDETH_00243700_0042_5616

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat