Join now - be part of our community!

Motion Eye not working - VPCEB1E8E

profile.country.es_ES.title
Verbia8
Visitor

Motion Eye not working - VPCEB1E8E

Hi, I have a Sony VAIO VPCEB1E8E and after two years and a half of using it, my webcam suddenly stopped working. The computer doesn't detect it at all, not even in the device administrator. I found something about dowloading the drivers again, but there are none available for my model on Sony's website. I also tried restoring the system, and it worked once but not the second time...

I hope you can help me, thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi florcarosachetti,

The camera uses in-built Windows drivers so you will not find these on the Sony support site.

As you have already tried restoring the computer to factory settings and the camera worked briefly there may be an intermittent hardware problem.

There is one thing you could try...

Open Device Manager and expand USB Controllers > uninstall all items in the tree and then shut down. For belt and braces then disconnect the power adaptor, remove the battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

Re-attach the battery and power adaptor and reboot > Windows will reinstall the USB controllers.

If this has no effect then I would suspect a hardware problem.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.es_ES.title
Verbia8
Visitor

Thanks! If I do that, only USB controllers will be uninstall or will i lose any personal information?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi florcarosachetti,

No you will not lose any personal information and all controllers will be automatically re-installed on re-boot.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat