Join now - be part of our community!

Missing Vaio Control Centre, Fn keys, speed/stamina switch and auto brightness on SVS1312C5E

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rusauld30
Visitor

Missing Vaio Control Centre, Fn keys, speed/stamina switch and auto brightness on SVS1312C5E

Hi, I bought a Win 8 vaio (SVS1312C5E) and decided to do a clean install of Win 7, the only problem is after installing the SFEP drivers, shared library and hotkeys utility I can't seem to adjust brightness using Fn+ F5/F6 or use the speed stamina switch and auto brightness features.

As I understand it, when you install the hotkeys utility it should install control centre for you and although I can see folders relating to control centre in program files, I can't access it. Same goes for power management. They don't show up in programs and features either :(

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi rusauld30 and welcome.

Where have you downloaded those programs from? You are using Windows 7 compatible drivers and utilities?

Can you please confirm you are not trying to install Windows 8 drivers?

Vaio Control Centre, Vaio Power Management and the switchable Graphics drivers are all programs that need to be installed individually and they can be obtained from the Support website.

If you tell us which drivers you are using we may be able to help.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi rusauld30 and welcome.

Where have you downloaded those programs from? You are using Windows 7 compatible drivers and utilities?

Can you please confirm you are not trying to install Windows 8 drivers?

Vaio Control Centre, Vaio Power Management and the switchable Graphics drivers are all programs that need to be installed individually and they can be obtained from the Support website.

If you tell us which drivers you are using we may be able to help.

:thinking:

rusauld30
Visitor

Hi Blencogo. I was downloading from the sony site, but on rechecking it does look like I was installing win 8 software (d'oh).

So what can I do now? I can't uninstall as they don't show up in programs and features. Can I install the win 7 stuff over the botched win 8 stuff? And if so, is there a preferred order of installation?

Thanks for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would guess that the Windows 8 stuff has not installed properly - so I would try to install the Windows 7 drivers and see what happens.

If you cant find a driver under the Windows 7 Tab for your model, I would have a look at the Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities for the SVS1311C5E which was released with Windows 7 installed.

:wink:

rusauld30
Visitor

I tried installing 7 drivers over the top and other than control centre I got a message saying that the software was already installed. So it seems the new power manager and battery checker you get with win 8 can be installed to win 7 okay, just not control centre.

Thanks again :)